Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
Businesses that sell and/or serve beer, wine, and distilled spirits in the City of Lilburn are required to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage License. Licenses are issued for Jan. 1 through Dec. 31 and must be renewed each year. City of Lilburn Alcoholic Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 6 of the City of Lilburn Code of Ordinances.
- The business must first submit an application for the Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) with the City of Lilburn.
- Access the Alcohol Licensing Portal to apply for both the state and local alcohol licenses. Once the application is routed to the city, you will be contacted for payment of the application fee.
- Effective May 1, 2023, applicants will need to register for fingerprinting. (Find instructions for how to complete fingerprint registration here, or watch the video.) Please contact our office when you have completed fingerprinting.
- The Alcohol Licensing Board will review the application and recommend approval or denial in accordance with Lilburn City Code.
- An appointment will be scheduled with the Business Services Administrator to finalize the process.
Note: Alcohol server permits are required for managers and all employees who serve alcohol for on-premise consumption, and tasting event locations. Additionally, a minimum of 75% of servers are required to be trained in responsible vending. Server permits are issued by Business Services.
New Alcohol License Renewal Applications must be submitted through the Alcohol Licensing Portal. You will be submitting for both the state and city licenses on the portal.
- Renewal applications for the city can be found here or on the Alcohol Licensing Portal.
- Once all state and city renewal documents are submitted via the portal, local license fees can be paid to City of Lilburn, Business Services Department.
- Payment can be made with cash, check, money order, or by debit/credit card. (processing fees applies to debit/credit cards).