Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
Businesses that sell and/or serve beer, wine, and distilled spirits in the City of Lilburn are required to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage License. Licenses are issued for Jan. 1 through Dec. 31 and must be renewed each year. City of Lilburn Alcoholic Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 6 of the City of Lilburn Code of Ordinances.
Please access the Alcohol Licensing Portal to apply for both the state and local alcohol licenses.
Appointments with the Business Services Manager are required in order to process an Alcoholic Beverage License. Contact Rebecca Baumann at 770-279-3708 to schedule a time.
All Alcohol Licensees are required to purchase alcohol from wholesale distributors.
How to Apply
- All businesses must first apply for an Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) from the City of Lilburn.
- Using the link above, apply for the state and local alcohol license. The Alcohol Licensing Board will review the City of Lilburn Alcohol Beverage License application and recommend approval or denial in accordance with Lilburn City Code.
- Business Services will register the applicant for fingerprinting at an authorized Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS) location.
- Alcohol server permits are required for managers and all employees who serve alcohol for on premise consumption. Additionally, a minimum of 75% of servers are required to be trained in responsible vending. Server permits are issued by Business Services.
- Home Delivery Permits are now required for any home delivery as allowed by O.C.G.A. 3-3-10. Home Delivery Permits are issued by Business Services.
*NEW* Alcohol License Renewal Applications must be submitted through the Alcohol Licensing Portal. You will be submitting for both the state and city license on the portal.
- Renewal applications for the city can be found here or on the Alcohol Licensing Portal.
- Once all state and city renewal documents are submitted via the portal, local license fees can be paid to City of Lilburn, Business Services Department.
- Payment can be made with cash, check, money order, or by debit/credit card. (3.5% processing fee applies to all debit/credit cards)
- Payment can be submitted in the following ways: mail to 340 Main Street Lilburn, GA 30047, pay in our office Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm (excluding holidays), or pay by phone.