Alcoholic Beverage Licenses


Businesses that sell and/or serve beer, wine, and distilled spirits in the City of Lilburn are required to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage License. Licenses are issued for January 1 through December 31 and must be renewed each year. City of Lilburn Alcoholic Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 6 of the City of Lilburn Code of Ordinances.

In all cases, businesses must also obtain a State Alcohol License through the Georgia Department of Revenue. A temporary city license will be issued in order to apply with the Georgia Department of Revenue. The license obtained from the Georgia Department of Revenue must be submitted to the City of Lilburn in order to obtain the original city alcohol license.

All Alcohol Licensees are required to purchase alcohol from wholesale distributors.

How to Apply

  1. All businesses must first obtain an Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) from the City of Lilburn.
  2. The applicant must complete the Alcoholic Beverage License application and submit it to City Hall, 340 Main St., completed and notarized, along with payment of application fee.
  3. The business will undergo verification of Occupational Tax Certificate, as well as status of any fees or taxes due to the city.
  4. Business Services will register the applicant for fingerprinting at an authorized Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS) location.
  5. Alcohol server permits are required for managers and all employees who serve alcohol for on premise consumption. Additionally, a minimum of 75% of servers are required to be trained in responsible vending. Server permits are issued by Business Services.
  6. The completed application will be reviewed by the Business Services Manager who will recommend approval or denial of new applications in accordance with Lilburn City Code.
  7. Home Delivery Permits are now required for any home delivery as allowed by O.C.G.A. 3-3-10. Home Delivery Permits are issued by Business Services.


  1. Renewal applications are mailed out or can be emailed by request.
  2. Applicants must submit the upcoming years state alcohol license from the Department of Revenue.
  3. Alcohol licensees who have on-premise consumption must provide copies of Server Card and TIPS certifications.