- Doing Business
- Business Licensing & Permits
- Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
Businesses that sell and/or serve beer, wine, and distilled spirits in the City of Lilburn are required to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage License. Licenses are issued for Jan. 1 through Dec. 31 and must be renewed each year. City of Lilburn Alcoholic Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 6 of the City of Lilburn Code of Ordinances.
How to Apply
- The business must first submit an application for the Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) with the City of Lilburn.
- Access the Alcohol Licensing Portal to apply for both the state and local alcohol licenses. Once the application is routed to the city, you will be contacted for payment of the application fee.
- Effective May 1, 2023, applicants will need to register for fingerprinting. (Instructions) Please contact our office when you have completed fingerprinting. applicant registration process (video)
- The Alcohol Licensing Board will review the application and recommend approval or denial in accordance with Lilburn City Code.
- An appointment will be scheduled with the Business Services Administrator to finalize the process.
Note: Alcohol server permits are required for managers and all employees who serve alcohol for on premise consumption, and tasting event locations. Additionally, a minimum of 75% of servers are required to be trained in responsible vending. Server permits are issued by Business Services.
*NEW* Alcohol License Renewal Applications must be submitted through the Alcohol Licensing Portal. You will be submitting for both the state and city license on the portal.
- Renewal applications for the city can be found here or on the Alcohol Licensing Portal.
- Once all state and city renewal documents are submitted via the portal, local license fees can be paid to City of Lilburn, Business Services Department.
- Payment can be made with cash, check, money order, or by debit/credit card. (3.5% processing fee applies to all debit/credit cards)
- Payment can be submitted in the following ways: mail to 340 Main Street Lilburn, GA 30047, pay in our office Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm (excluding holidays), or pay by phone.
To set up an account to pay online, create an account here.