There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Calvin Fitchett Pavilion: A new open air pavilion is under construction in Lilburn City Park. The pavilion is located where the former City Hall/Police Headquarters facility was located in Old Town. Lichty Commercial Construction, Inc., is the construction contractor for this $1,040,000 project funded by the City's Capital Project Fund. The new facility will feature public restrooms with changing areas and storage and a green room in the basement for performers. The grand opening is planned for late Summer 2021.
- Splash Pad: Design is complete, and the contract has been awarded for the construction of a 40-foot splash pad near the new open air pavilion. The splash pad will feature a heritage sculpture, 12 arch jets, and 6 LED jumping stream jets circulating 100 gallons of recycled water per minute. The splash pad will open with the Calvin Fitchett Pavilion in late Summer 2021.
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: The new playground opened in 2019 at Lilburn City Park! The playground includes separate areas for younger and older children, brand new equipment, and a softer playing surface. Multiple ground level activities and a padded artificial playground grass provide for improved accessibility. The playground features several multi-purpose walls that provide a visible and physical perimeter and can be used for seating. A new parking lot, restroom building, small pavilion, and stroller parking pad were also recently added to the park. Soon guests will be able to enjoy a new open air pavilion near the band shell, a splash pad, and a new passive park area near the Gartrell Nash Pavilion. Landscape installation in the park area will be phased in over time.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: The new Lilburn Police Department and Municipal Court Complex opened in March 2020. The new 27,000 sq. ft. building is located at 4600 Lawrenceville Highway.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Installation is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County.
- Wynne-Russell Road Improvements: The City of Lilburn received a $600,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to install new sidewalks and street lights along Wynne-Russell Road from Lawrenceville Highway to West Johns Road, and down a portion of West Johns Road. The project was completed in June 2021.
Commercial Projects (updated June 2021)
- Blackbird Brewery - 4098 Lawrenceville Highway
- Berkmar High School - new theater building, renovations, parking underway.
- Express Car Wash - US 29 near Braden Drive - building construction underway.
- Convenience Store - 4995 Lawrenceville Highway - interior demolition underway.
- McDonalds - interior renovation with new sign underway.
Submitted for review:
- Car Wash Redevelopment– 361 Killian Hill – comments provided 4/22. Project on hold.
- 440 Pleasant Hill - new restaurant suites (Ste 115, Ste 114). Comments provided.
- Autorama East - 306 Luxomni - expansion of auto sales with three retail tenants - comments provided.
- Los Hermanos - 4774 Lawrenceville Highway - demolition work complete and comments provided.
- Luma Daycare - 5654 Lawrenceville Highway - new 11,000 sf daycare, specializing in special needs. Comments provided.
Residential (updated June 2021)
- Townswalk (MU) - nine single-family detached homes, mid-300's, 1 acre. All are complete with eight sold.
- Old Town Townhomes – 55 Townhomes, + future commercial. 5.7 acres - 2 bldgs/9 units complete. Final plat recorded. New owners anticipate high $300’s. 3 more bldgs permitted, 7 units under construction.
Cottages at Noble Village – 68 age restricted duplex units. 8.5 ac.
28+ units and clubhouse complete (TCO) and plat recorded. Phase II plans submitted for review.
Main Street Townes at Lilburn (formerly Township) – 80 Townhomes + future 15K sf commercial 7.8 ac. Stanley Martin Homes. Phase 1 (residential) site development underway. AT&T easements pending. Plat comments provided.
East Highlands (N. River Drive) – 148 Single Family residential, Lennar Homes, mid - high $300’s. 46.5 ac. Final inspections underway.
Luxomni Point (R-2 Arcado @ Cedar) - 47 Townhomes, low $300's, Taylor Morrison Homes. 5.2 ac. - 7 buildings complete. All buildings are under construction with expected completion in August 2021.
Bryson Meadows – Phase I 8 ac. - 83 Townhomes Meritage Homes, low $300’s. Nine of 14 buildings are permitted with expected close out in September 2021.
Townes at Rockbridge: Site development plan is under review. Concept plan includes 47 townhomes on 7.2 acres.
Parkview East (R-1 –Arcado Rd to Lilburn Stone Mtn. Rd) - 127 Single family residential lots, 36+ acres. Meritage Homes Mid $300s. Eight model homes are under contract. Site development is ongoing. Phase I platted with recreation area and mail kiosk. Pool/cabana permit in review process.
Townes at Greenleaf (R-2 Greenwood) – 29 Townhomes + 4 Single Family Residential. 3.8 ac. Richardson Homes. Site development underway. Storm pond and sewer installed. Four single-family residential homes have been permitted. Duplex and building elevations are in review.
Townes at Rockfern (R-2 Rockbridge Rd new name) – 47 Townhomes on 7.2 ac.
Richardson Homes. Site development underway.
The Preserve, Phase II - 4.62 acres, concept pre-approved and demolition complete. Site development plan has been issued, and building elevations are in review. Phase III is under contract.