- City Services
- Public Works
- Chipper Service
The City of Lilburn offers free chipping of small trees, limbs, and shrubbery for homeowners who reside within the incorporated Lilburn city limits. The Public Works Department makes every effort to sweep the entire city every other week and will pick up visible debris piles left at the curb.
The chipper’s route and time between pickups varies, depending upon the work load and season. If you have debris that has not been collected after two weeks, please request removal online or call 770-638-2186 and leave your name, address, and phone number.
- The property must be located within the city limits. Check City Map & Street List to confirm that your address is within the City of Lilburn.
- The source of the debris must be the property where it is collected by the chipper. Do not bring debris from other locations
- Logs, limbs, and shrubbery must be a minimum of 4 feet from the curb. Do not obstruct traffic, sidewalks and or storm drains.
- Tree logs must be less than 10 inches in diameter and no more than 24 inches in length. Please stack logs separate from tree limbs. Do not stack logs on top of tree limbs.
- Do NOT place limbs in barrels or bags. This service will NOT pick up barrels or bags.
- Limbs must be a manageable length. Place thorny plants, bushes or trees separate from regular tree limbs.
- STACK ALL LIMBS WITH THE CUT ENDS IN THE SAME DIRECTION.
- No grass, straw, leaves, bamboo, sawgrass, banana tree plants, dirt-encrusted stumps, or building materials will be accepted. These items must be collected by your sanitation provider.
- This service does not include clearing of land. The city will not assist in the chipping of trees from land clearing. Large parcels that have been cleared will require the homeowner to provide a special pick up or container for filling.
- Private or professional services or landscaping services are required to remove material they cut or trim.