THANKS FOR MAKING THE CITY OF LILBURN YOUR HOME!
REAL ESTATE AND PERSONAL PROPERTY:
- The City of Lilburn is responsible for billing, collecting and disbursing city property taxes. The Lilburn City Council approved & adopted a resolution June 14, 2021, that authorized city staff to perform billing and collection services for ad valorem property taxes, streetlight and solid waste fees and adopted the billing date of September 15th and that the collection of said bill is due to the City of Lilburn November 15th. Property includes not only real estate but also personal property; boats, airplanes, and business assets. Tax amounts are calculated using values that are determined by the Gwinnett County Tax Assessor’s Office and the millage rate set by the City Council (2022= 4.43 mils).
- FIFA notices for any unpaid taxes due the previous year as of March 30th will be sent to Gwinnett County Superior Court on taxes as of July 30th.
- Property Tax notices will be mailed out September 15th and due in full by November 15th.
- Current amount due can be found online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/lilburnga or contact the property tax phone number at (770) 279-3705 or email email@example.com.
- If you are a new property owner and do not receive a City of Lilburn tax notice by October 1st, call (770) 279-3705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You should have available the map/parcel number or your property address.
- Cash, debit/credit cards, money orders and checks are accepted.
- Mail checks to the City of Lilburn, 340 Main Street, Lilburn, GA 30047.
- A payment drop box is located at Police Headquarters (4600 Lawrenceville Highway, Lilburn, GA 30047) just inside the front double doors for after-hours payments by CHECK ONLY. (Please enclose the remittance stub to ensure that your account is properly credited.)
- Pay in person during regular business hours (8:30-5:00, Monday-Friday) at 340 Main Street, 1st floor Business Services. Cash, debit/credit cards, money orders and checks are accepted. A service fee of 3% will be added for debit/credit cards by a third-party vendor.
- Property lookup and online payments are available for commercial and personal property parcels at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/lilburnga. For example, R0000 000 or R0000A000. In addition to a 3% service fee, a $1.50 online fee will be added for online payments.
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS:
- Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner at www.gwinnetttaxcommissioner.com
- Gwinnett County Tax Assessor at
- Georgia General Assembly – Georgia Code at www.legis.state.ga.us